Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Freedom Vol 1: Be True to Yourself



All my life I have had this part of me that always wanted freedom. So in my search to find it I decided to do a fashion blog...which is really common these days. This is where I find my peace....I've been told before the things that you can spend all day doing are the things you love the most. I can literally sit at the computer for 12 + hours going from blog to blog b/c this is what I love to do...this is apart of my freedom.

Ok with that being said, I have made myself a slave. I have been trying since last year to post pictures of my daily wear, but it's been hard because in the last 4 years I have put on a lot of weight. I look at different blogs all day long and MOST of the blogs are of people who are of a "slender" breed. So in my qwest to find freedom i've decided I'm going to start taking pictures and posting them.

What is crazy is I started to compose this post about 4 days ago but I wasn't finished with it...then today on my daily reading flight I went to Ev'Yan's blog at APRICOT TEA and she had a statement in bold print saying "Stop feeling inferior to girls that are prettier." So this really motivated me to finsish this post.

Hopefully during this journey, I can find more peace within myself and learn to love my FLAWS and ALL!! So stay tuned for pictures to come....TOODLES!!

This song/lyrics are my current motivation for this journey....



Could you buy me a day in your life,
When I'm wearing the clothes that you wear,
And could you give me your diamonds for a day,
And just for one day take my place,

See mama says that I am beautiful,
And I am lovely the way that I am,
But if I am so sweet
Why won't life just give me
What you have,
What you have,
What you have.

I reckon I'd get away,
Being you for a day,
Oh, I wonder if I can.
Put me in a box for a little while,
Tomorrow take me out again.
Or am I already as lovely as you,
Are you in my window pane,
Looking back at me saying here I am...

Girl,
You're beautiful

Could it be that I'm just too afraid
To become who I already am
Or could it be that the life
That was spoken to me
Is indeed in my spirit man oh
Mama said touch the sky with your hands
And fly on the wings of the lord
Or could I only believe that it's inside of me
To be free, to be free, to be free

Or could I get away being you for a day
Oh I wonder if I can
Put me in a box for a little while
Tomorrow take me out again
Or am I already as lovely as you
Are you in my window pane
Looking back at me saying here I am

Girl,
You're beautiful

5 comments:

Damsels said...

can't wait to see what you have in your closet .

to show
and i do spend like 6 hours day looking at blogs
We Were Damsels

Unknown said...

That quote is brilliant xoxox

Tracey Ellle said...

oh how i love this girl... her voice is amazing

Unknown said...

that was really beautiful. You should totally do it. It will make you feel good!

Unknown said...

love that song, heard it on the show girl friends, been looking for it ever since....thanks 4 posting x